As I′m thinking about content strategy, as I come up with things that seem solid enough be be considered principles, I′ll put them here for your consideration.
Content is all the stuff on your website. More…
Content strategy refers to all the decisions you make about your content, whether explicit or implicit, whether intentional or unintentional.
- Every website (or other publication) is shaped by a content strategy.
- One can infer the content strategy through a careful heuristic exploration.
- It′s better to think about content strategy holistically before breaking it down for analysis or execution.
- Managing your content types well is essential to managing your content well.
The Terrible Truth About People and Information
- People will not know a thing until they are ready to know it.
- When that terrible moment arrives, they will ask you why you didn’t tell them, and complain about “poor communication.”
- There is no way to change truths 1 or 2.